Sign in if you already have an account.
  
donate.gif

National Spotlight

Financial Resources —Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more

Voices of Impact™ — Join us here as we continue to share stories that celebrate the women and men who inspire us all.

About Us

Pie Chart with images of researchers/scientistsThe Siouxland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. Up to 75 percent of the Affiliate’s net income goes toward funding grants to local hospitals and community organizations that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining net income (a minimum of 25 percent) supports the national Komen Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific programs around the world.

 

Our Mission

Part of every Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Affiliate's structure includes having a Grant Committee. Each year, applications will be accepted from non-profit organizations in the Siouxland area for funding for programs that focus on breast cancer education, treatment, support or research. More specifically, the grants that the Komen Siouxland Affiliate will award will be for programs that address the gaps/unmet needs in Siouxland.  

Up to 75 percent of all money raised by the Komen Siouxland Affiliate must go toward funding the yearly grants. The other 25 percent is submitted to the Komen Foundation Award and Research Grant Program, which supports innovative breast cancer research and educational programs around the world.

The Komen Siouxland Affiliate’s services area covers all of Lyon, Sioux, Union, Plymouth, Dakota, Woodbury and Thurston Counties. 

 

Thanks to the thousands of people who participant in the Komen Siouxland Race for the Cure and other Affiliate events each year, dedicated corporate partners and generous donors, Komen Siouxland is playing a vital role in fighting breast cancer in our community.